Wednesday 12 November 2014

The Battle of Straight Lashes

My girls/guys who have straight or even pointing down lashes will understand the struggle. It's real.
You could get the mascara that everyone is raving about and be so disappointed. Or you could get the most expensive eyelash curlers then apply your mascara and it's back to the beginning.
This has been my battle since I started using makeup. It was the first thing I was aware of and it has annoyed me since. My lashes are average length and stubbornly straight.
I've recently discovered a combo that keeps my lashes curled and amazing ALL DAY. No joke.
I feel that both your eyelash curler AND mascara are very important. It wasn't until I was using any old curler and a good mascara and I switched to the old faithful and extremely raved about Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curler that I almost fell off my chair.
I'm currently using the Maybelline Rocket WATERPROOF Mascara (the waterproof part is important as the normal version doesn't do squat) but there are many mascaras out there that hold a curl wonderfully. This mascara is good and held a semi curl if I tortured my lashes with my drugstore curler but as soon as I switched to the Shu Uemura curler, everything changed. My lashes were super SUPER curled all day.
I did try using these curlers with a different volumizing mascara (L'Oreal Miss Manga) and my curl just limped after a minute.

Pictured is the result of using the Shu Uemura Curler & Maybelline Rocket Waterproof Mascara

I hoped you liked this post, please let me know of any products that I'd find useful!

Paige xo

No comments:

Post a Comment