Wednesday 1 October 2014

September Favourites

 
  
 
 
 
Real Techniques Powder Brush
 
This brush has made a huge difference in my makeup routine. I have several powder brushes which I use to do my powder, bronzer, blush etc.. But what I love this for is once all my powder products are on, I gently sweep all over my face buffing everything out. I can't tell you what a difference this makes! It just makes everything so flawless and smooth. Big LOVE.
 
Essence Nail Polish
 
I've been enjoying testing out the Essence nail polishes since getting my paws on them, but I can't stop using this particular shade. You know you love a polish when you've worn it three times in a row... I just always want to look at my nails with this on. It's a shade hard to describe, I would say it's a lilac/nude/taupe colour. It goes with everything and just looks beautiful.
 
Maybelline Rocket Mascara

This mascara has been a long time favourite of mine since it was released and I always go back to it without fail. I have average length lashes but they are super straight and nearly point down, so a mascara that can hold a curl is important. I curl my lashes and put a few layers of this on and it stays curled until I take my make up off at night. It is a little difficult to remove with your standard cleanser, so I just use my MAC Cleanse Off Oil to remove before my normal skincare routine. I always have a back up of this in my make up collection. I have found that the non-waterproof version DOES NOT work for me at holding a curl!
 
theBalm Mary Lou Manizer
 
Man oh man I love this stuff. Having very oily skin I find using highlighter difficult to use as it tends to make me look like a grease ball after an hour, but this product has changed my life. It just looks so beautiful on the skin and gives such a lovey glow. I would definitely say this is not a natural looking highlighter, however, if you run a powder brush over it you can easily blend it out for a more natural finish.
 
 
Essence Lipstick
 
I admit it, I went a bit nuts at the Essence counter. But I have found a gem find, so that's aloud, right? This lipstick is very sheer but if you are looking a wash of colour with a nice shine, this is lovely. It smells amazing (vanilla cupcakes, mmm), and is very moisturizing. It doesn't have great staying power at all but if that's not a problem for you, it's totally worth it (considering the price too!). I see this as a very similar product to the Maybelline Baby Lips but with a much better colour pay off and selection. This particular colour is a cute muted coral shade. I've been wearing all month long with a bit of black liner on the lids or with a brown smokey eye.
 
 
What are your favourites this month? 


No comments:

Post a Comment